Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Driveway Garden

 Our driveway garden has been here since we bought this property back in 1978. (Yes we are getting a bit long in the tooth, LOL) Anyway, originally it was a line of fairly common bearded iris on the property line and filled in with vinca, violets and various other invasive plants. Over time I've planted lots of perennials, had battles with the voles (I now have to cage the hostas and some perennials) decided I wanted more of a mixed border so edited out some perennials and planted shrubs and a columnar beech tree. It's turned into a nice combination of plants that doesn't require a lot of maintenance. 


I've had this urn here for years and plant with annuals. I keep the area under the urn planted with ground covers and low growing perennials and annuals so it remains a focal point in the garden

This Hosta Sum and Substance is a star


Very happy to find this Symphytum Axminster Gold last year and it wintered over well




I'm going to edit out that Miscanthus Morning Light this fall and replace with a variegated Rose of Sharon. We are getting to old to deal with digging and dividing this every few years

I love the color echo of the chartreuse throats of the Pastel Classic with the Hakonechloa aurea grass next to it

You can probably tell I like chartreuse plants

Loving the Dipadenia in this urn this year. I'm thinking I'm going to winter it over


No comments:

Post a Comment